Antioch’s historical Lumber Company building on 340 W 2nd Street belong to one of the oldest mercantile firms in Antioch. Founded in 1864 and incorporated in Feb. 20, 1907, the Antioch Lumber Company still exists as a corporate body, however it no longer uses this historic building. The structure exhibits good planning and design and relates to early American architecture.
Antioch is one of the oldest towns in California, having been founded in 1850. The year following the discovery of gold, there was a plague that over-took the city and wiped out most of the population. The town was founded by two brothers, William and Joseph Smith, who named the town Smith’s Landing. In 1851, the town’s new minister persuaded the residents to change the name of the town to Antioch, for the Biblical city of Antioch, Turkey.
Camera: Sony SLT-A77V
Lens Model: Sony DT 16–105mm F/3.5–5.6 (SAL–16105)
Focal Length (FF): 36mm, 30mm, 42mm & 45mm
Exposure Times: 1/400, 1/500, 1/800 & 1/200
Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Bias Value: 0
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Daylight (Sunny)
Sensitivity (ISO): 100