On June 12, 1865, Captain G.W. Kimball, pioneer settler, chaired a meeting for all those interested in forming a church. A. constitution was adopted and the First Congregational church was founded. The original Church was dedicated May 16, 1869. The present structure, erected in 1891, is the oldest church building in Antioch, located on the corner of West Sixth and F Street.
It seems that a church had been founded prior to 1865 by a young man named Morgan, but was short lived, and it was revived at this time and absorbed by this Congregational church, which has had a continuous existence from 1865 to the present. The Congregational church, was the first permanent religious enterprise established in Antioch. The Congregational society owned until about 1977 the beautiful church and grounds as well as the parsonage next door. In 1977 The Light Ministries moved into the church and is still using it today.
- Location: West 6th & F Street, Antioch, CA
- Camera: Sony SLT-A77V
- Lens Model: Sony DT 16–105mm F/3.5–5.6 (SAL–16105)
- Focal Length (FF): 36mm, 45mm, 42mm & 24mm
- FNumber: 8
- Exposure Times: 1/400, 1/320, 1/100 & 1/320
- Exposure Mode: Auto bracket
- Exposure Program: Manual
- Exposure Bias Value: 0
- Metering Mode: Pattern
- White Balance: Daylight
- Sensitivity (ISO): 100