I will be confined to rest for at least another week, because if it I have no choice but need to modify my lens testing. Instead of continue to test each each lens for a week at seven different scenes, I will perform my tree twigs test.
To be clear, this is not a perfect test target, trees move when the wind blows, cloud covers change, etc. I also are not taken a photos for each focal length at each aperture option. I will select f/8 only as most evaluations as most lens designs are optimized for this focal length. These tests are not about creating the greatest photograph on the planet, so I am not worried about composition and all the other things that usually are consider before taking a photo.
I will test over the next 8 days the following lenses:
- Sony DT 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 (SAL-1855)
- Konica Minolta AF DT 18-70mm F/3.5-5.6
- Minolta AF 28-135mm F/4-4.5
- Minolta AF 35-70mm F/4 (Small Beercan)
- Sony 55-200mm F/4-5.6 SAM (SAL-55200-2)
- Minolta AF 70-210mm F/4 (Beercan)
- Minolta AF 75-300mm F/4.5-5.6 (Big Beercan)
- Sony 75-300mm F/4.5-5.6 (SAL-75300)
All photos were taken with my Sony SLT α77 and Sony DT 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 lens, at 27mm (18mm FF), 36mm (24mm FF), 52mm (35mm FF) & 82mm (55mm FF), using Aperture mode, with a setting of f/8, White Balance set to daylight, ISO to 200.