It was pointed out to me that I did not provide the details what the spine surgeon said about my progress. I am sorry for forgetting to provide this important information. So here we go, it will be short posting (addendum) with the outcome of my checkup with my spine surgeon.
The surgeon was very happy and impressed by the progress of the healing. He wants me to start with PT immediatly, not only at the hospital, but also at home. This includes using 1 to 2 lbs of hand weights to lift over my head.
As to my questions:
- Any Limitations
- No golfing, watch what you body tells you.
- Prognoses 3, 6 & 12 months
- Not easy to provide at this time, will have to wait unit the stem cell transfer is complete around January.
- Start of PT to strengthen my back muscles
- Now, at the hospital’s PT department and at home
- At home, lift small weights and riding a stationary bike without resistance.
- Sleeping sideways
The next appointment is schedule for sometime in October.