Today was OK day, like the last few days with some fog in the morning and overcast the rest of the day. Health-wise not much change. No stomach issues today, shoulder pain a bit higher at the end of my walks, a bit more back pain that I control with taking some Tylenol and hip pain on and off all day long. Today Gary joined me for my morning walk.
Today I had my Zometa infusion, which is every 28 days. To minimize the Bone Pain side effect I took a Claritin D before the infusion and continue for the next 4 days.
Yesterday I mention that my cancer is progressing again. The next step is to start another round of full treatment with some different medication.
My original treatment was using the following medication:
- Carfilzomib via infusion pump
- Dexamethasone – 10 pills every Monday
- Revlimid – 1 pill daily for 21 days, 7 days off
The new treatment will use the following medications
- Daratumumab (trade name Darzalex) via infusion pump
- Dexamethasone – 10 pills once a week (Same as in 1st treatment)
- Pomalyst – 1 pill daily for 21 days, 7 days off
That is it for now. More tomorrow about the treatment cycle, etc.
In summary, today was a OK day. I am out of the rabbit hole, ready to get the show on the road.