2018-09-30 Recovery Day 573

Today was a great day with no real health issues. However, it did start a bit slow, as I woke up covered in sweat. The good news it had stopped after I woke up. For the rest of the day, I just encountered some small increase in my normal pain locations. The increase most likely is part of the hang-over from my activities over the last 3 days being on the island.

After breakfast I spend some time checking out my laptop and the reason why it is not charging. I had to make sure that there was not an issue with the power supply and/or cable. Before calling Apple, I went with Dianne for our morning walk. Today’s subject to take PICTURES was Windows.

Returning back home, I went to my office to call Apple about my laptop not charging nor allowing any data to go through the USB-C connector. My laptop only has one connector which is used for power and data. Talking to the Apple noticed that there was only 9% [precent] of power left, which hopefully was enough to fix while on the phone or send the laptop to Apple or drop it off at a store. As it turned out, the problem was with the System Management Controller (SMC). All it took to fix the problem was to shut down the laptop and pressing for 10 seconds the shift/control/option keys before pressing the power button.

By the time I got my laptop back into my setup, it was lunchtime. After lunch my next activity was to call Amazon. I use with my Fire HD 10 the All-New Show Mode Charging Dock, and would you know, the dock does no longer charge the tablet. One issue I encountered in my efforts to call the Customer Service Department, was the fact that there is no phone number on their online web system.

I used the first phone number I could find, which was their sales department which passed me on to Kindle Product support, who passed me finally on to the Customer Service Department. After providing in detail what the issue was, I was informed that I will get a replacement Charging Dock by tomorrow. All I have to do, put the old unit in the box the new one arrived in, put the new address label on it and drop it off at the nearest UPS store.

The rest of the day I spend on writing my posting for the 29th and 30th since I had composed the ones for the 27th and 28th. The biggest part that took over the whole afternoon and time after dinner, was to sort out the about on 500 photos I collected. I did get it all done just in time before calling it a day.

Pictures of the Day
2018-09-30 – Zen Camera – Lesson 2 – Awareness, Exercise: Something New, Part 6