2020-01-08 Living with Cancer Day 1036

Date: 2020 January 08, at 07:32:02 PST
Weather: 37°F Fog
Location: 4410 Deermeadow Way, Antioch, CA, United States

Getting Up – 07:32:02 PST – 37°F Fog
Getting up as planned at 7:30, I have been awake since 6:00 preparing my weather update for Steve at KTVU and reviewing a number of my photography apps settings, found one that will need my attention.

Like every morning after getting up it takes me about 30 minutes before I get downstairs. I made me a grilled German Rye with Brie and had Breakfast before have a Skype call with François in Lausanne, Switzerland and a FaceTime call with Hannelore and Peter in Braunschweig, Germany.

Check with Dean now about our walk this morning, before calling Hannelore, our options were slim as it is cold and high humidity of 99%. After he is back with his sister around 10:45, we will do soon walking around at WinCo and figure out where to go from there.

Our Shopping Trip – 11:05:47 PST – 45°F Fog
Dean got back at 11:00 for us to start our shopping trip, our first stop was Grocery Outlet Bargain Market in Oakley, we did a type of detour as Dean had missed two turns. Afterward Had a light lunch at the Mexican Restaurant La Costa across Black Bear Diner. This place was full. I had a Bean/Cheese Buritto, of which I could only eat half of it, I took the rest home.

The last stop was WinCo at the East End of Antioch, we seldom go there, many companies in that Plaza have since closed or moved closer towards the Highway 4 into the Slatten Ranch Shopping Center, closer to Target, which is a shopping magnet. We got back around 1:00, just giving me enough time for my last project I had planned to finish by the time Dianne comes home.

Smart Switch Project – 13:05:01 PST – 46°F Mist and Fog
My plan for a week now was to find about an hour to replace the gang of two switches that control the overhead kitchen light and the living room couch light with Smart Switches I tried upstairs but had to replace with a different one because of wiring issues. As it turned out after 45 minutes the switches did not work downstairs as well. After checking thinks over and reinstalling it twice, it turned out to be a very simple thing.

The Smart Switch required a Neutral wire, however, the single pole switch that was to be replaced did not need regular power or neutral at the box of the device being switched. In doing some research there are two ways, Switch Leg and Switch Loop, to get the tree wires, Live, Load and Neutral that are need for this type of Single Pole Smart Switch.

I gave up for today and reinstalled the old switches. I thought was almost done when Dianne came home, but it took me another 30 minutes before I reinstall and cleaned up, the project took 2 hours instead of 1 hour.

Getting things ready for the Train Trip – 15:15:59 PST – 50°F Mist and Fog
After the Swart Switch Projects, the next thing was to get things ready for the Train Ride and 2-day stay in Reno. One idea I had last night to check for possible shows in The Harrah’s Reno. There is a show on Saturday, Ignite Cabaresque, which is a fiery exploration of the things that heat you up- passion, desire, adrenaline- an explosion of sensations to put a little pink in your cheeks, a drop in your jaw, and a fiery roar of laughter in your belly. A new blend of circus meets cabaret with a touch of burlesque.

After having found out what it is, no description at the Hotel, where the show will play every Saturday starting from 9:00 until mid-may, nor at TicketMaster were you have to buy the ticket, which is about $40. About TicketMaster, before seeing if there were tickets available and what time the show start, you had to have an account, or create one, which I had to do. It took an hour for me to get all the fact.

As to us going to the show, we decided it was too late for me, special after the long train ride and full-day activities before the show, since Saturday is the only full day for us. Our return trip starts early around 8:36 the next day.

The Rest of the Day – 16:15:10 PST – 48°F Mist and Fog
After the show search, it was time to start at the blog writing since dinner was about an hour away. Denise had come home to help with dinner. I got my stuff to gather for the blog article. Eating dinner and continuing writing, I was done by 20.00. Not much time to watch TV without being it just background sound. By the time it was ready for publishing it, it was also time to end the day.