2020-01-20 Living with Cancer Day 1048

2020-01-20 Living with Cancer Day 1048

Getting Up – 07:06:14 PST, 41°F Overcast, 4410 Deermeadow Way, Antioch, CA
Woke up around 7:00 with my shoulder pain at a bit higher level, but still acceptable. Dianne again prepared breakfast for us in Bed. Being a Holiday we stayed in bed until 8:45 when it was time to get up and ready for our noon appointment at the eye clinic.

Getting ready for the Eye Clinic – 08:44:04 PST, 41°F Overcast, 4410 Deermeadow Way, Antioch, CA
Checking on the traffic, we are safe to leave at our original time. Dianne prepared some sandwiches for us to have for lunch. I minimized by replaced my large LUMIX camera with the one size down. I also made sure I had fully charged batteries with me. We also took the needed medication with us.

Leaving for UCSF MC – 10:05:49 PST, 45°F Mostly Cloudy, 4410 Deermeadow Way, Antioch, CA
We left on time for our drive to UCSF MC. The traffic was light again with today being a Federal Holiday. We actually arrived 45 minutes early. We waited down in the waiting area until one of the team members, arriving around 11:50, took us upstairs to the eye clinic. My pain levels by that time started to increase, it was difficult to get out of a chair.

At USCF MC Eye Clinic – 11:11:55 PST, 50°F Mostly Cloudy, 337 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Beaver started his examination of my eyes. The main purpose is to determine any change in both eyes. It turned out that there was no change if any, there was less inflammation in the eye This is positive news, also the test results that have come in so far are all negative. There are a few tests still to come in, including the one that should confirm their findings.

After the examination, I received an injection, which took some time since I got various eye drops first. By the end of the appointment, we talk about going forward. Our next appointment is on Wednesday which includes Dr. Steward, who is the team leader. I will most likely have to have an injection twice a week for a month or two.

At UCSF’s MC ER – 13:24:56 PST, 52°F Overcast, UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus Heights, San Francisco, CA
My pain level had risen so much since leaving home, that I ask Dianne to take me across to the ER. Going home now, I would end up in the John Muir ER in Concord. My feeling was better here since they have looked after me since the Stem Cell Bust.

After checking in, I was probably looked after. Because I was in so much pain, I received some Dilaudid via IV to lower the pain levels they started their examination. They took an EKG and many X-Rays of my shoulder and Chest. The conclusion was that the heart and lungs were fine, and no breaks were visible for the shoulder and chest area.

Leaving UCSF’s MC ER – 17:00:54 PST, 52°F Partly Cloudy, UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus Heights, San Francisco, CA
I was released after the ER doctor reviewed all X-ray, EKG, and Blood Test results without finding anything that could be the cause of the pain, except for some new cancer growth.

They suggested that we go home and contact our Oncologist to start Treatment and review the current Pain Management plan. Before being released I got a second doze off Dilaudid via IV and some Lidocaine patches to help with the pain going home.

Back Home – 18:05:39 PST, 48°F Partly Cloudy, 4410 Deermeadow Way, Antioch, CA
A return drive was short because there was very little traffic because of the Holiday. We arrived around 6:30, Denise had already prepared our dinner, Pizza on Artisan Sourdough Ciabatta buns.

We watched some TV, which I dozed through for the most part. I went upstairs around 8:00, which was not that easy because of the pain, even getting into bed was painful. Around 9:00 I took my last set of medication, with Dianne administrating my eye drops. It was time to get to sleep.