2020-01-21 Living with Cancer Day 1049

Waking Up – 10:52:11 PST, 54°F Mostly Cloudy, Antioch, CA
I woke up around 6:00 and prepared my Weather update for Steve Paulson at KTVU. After that, I dozed off again to about 7:00. I watch some TV and worked on my overdue blog entries. I finally got up at 8:00. It was rather difficult since my pain level was rather high. I went downstairs at 8:30.

Lunch Time – 12:09:13 PST, 57°F Mostly Cloudy, Antioch, CA
For Lunch, I heated up an Indian Vegetarian Soup which had a bit of a kick to it at the beginning but was very good. I had a slice of Sour Dough Bread with it. Because of my pain slowing down very slowly, I was able to prepare lunch, it took about 15-20 minutes. I also took my lunchtime medication before going back to sit in my recliner and start to do some work on the overdue blog entries.

Afternoon & Evening – 14:45:32 PST, 57°F Drizzle, Antioch, CA
As I always do when I am alone, I turn on the TV and select a program that serves as background noise, as I call it, since my main attention is on the work item I am on. This can be some work using my IT device or some physical task, such as cleaning up or reading a book or magazine.

Dean came over for a while around 14:00. I updated him about the last two days and tomorrow’s visit to the Eye Clinic. We watched ‘Ancient Aliens and the New World Order 2’ which Dean wanted me to see. Interesting show, Disclaimer: This may not be for you & it is NO indication of my Religious Believes!

Halfway through Dianne came home, we stopped the movie so that we could talk for a short time before Dean had to go.

Dianne and I talked afterward about our next steps and options regarding my treatment and what each and together we want to do. What is important to each of us and what do we want to share.

Dianne suggested we create each our own Bucket List, which is a great idea since we both have mentioned what we would like to do before leaving this world. In my case two wishes have been fulfilled, the stay at a lighthouse and the train ride.

The rest of the late afternoon we both worked on our stuff until Denise came home. Shortly after, Dianne and Denise prepare dinner. We ended the day by watching some TV.