2020-01-31 Living with Cancer Day 1059

2020-01-31 Living with Cancer Day 1059

Today was interesting from my health perspective. Overall my pain level was what I would call stable at a slightly higher level. However, trying to stay awake was not easy and, in the end, I just fell asleep going to bed very early.

Getting Up – 08:00:23 PST, 45°F Partly Cloudy, Antioch, CA
I woke up around 6:00 and started to prepare my weather report for Steve at KTVU. It took a bit longer today to assemble the data since I had to double-check my data against that of other stations around mine. The reason being is that I did some required maintenance to my station.

The rest of my time, before getting up, was to check my emails and browse the news.

Downstairs – 08:45:37 PST, 46°F Partly Cloudy, Antioch, CA
Getting downstairs I had my Bran Cereal for breakfast before taking my morning medication. Next was to check on the weather to see if Mount Diablo is visible. Sadly, for the second day, the mountain is covered with clouds. I called Dean to see what our alternatives were, only to find out he was going to Turlock this morning to visit his granddaughter.

This changed my plan since I had no driver to go anywhere, to find something that is close by. Looking around I noticed one cloud formation that was too nice to pass by. I went to get my LUMIX -FZ80 and found a good location for a nice composition.

Since it took a great deal of body movement and energy I went back inside to rest until lunchtime.

Lunch – 11:45:35 PST, 57°F Partly Cloudy, Antioch, CA
Since it was Friday, I got ready for lunch with my ex-colleagues from Premenos. All I needed to do as to get the leftover Cheddar Broccoli Soup ready for heating up and toast some Sourdough Bread. It did not take long for Larry, Bill and James to arrive. Greg was not able to join us.

Besides eating, we talked about what was new since our last lunch, however, most time was spend on talking about retirement. The topic centered around 2% of Americans who have enough money set aside to retire anytime without another assistance. It was a very interesting discussion.

Afternoon Activities – 13:03:08 PST, 61°F Clear, Antioch, CA
After everyone had left. I did some cleaning up before resting again. I noticed that my energy level was way down, plus I started to doze off more often. Dianne came home around 2:00 to work from home and be with me.

It was great for Dianne and me being together, and at the same time being able to work on our stuff. However, as the afternoon progressed, I dozed off more often resulting in less work I completed.

After dinner I normally watch TV with Dianne and Denise, today I fell asleep. Dianne woke me up around 8:30 and told me to go upstairs to bed, which I did.